As much for assisting my failing memory as for helping out my healthy foodie peeps, this is my fail-proof AND fool-proof recipe for kale chips. I can’t keep them in stock. My kids…my KIDS! devour them. Even when they are over-cooked (which happened when I overshot the oven temperature. Like I said: failing memory.)
And while kale chips are very easy to make, they do take some time so prep and bake.
Crispy Kale Chips in
Five Six Simple Steps
- Cut leafy greens off of the kale stem/vein and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash kale or let soak. (Trust me. You don’t want to bite into a crispy ladybug for skipping this step.)
- Dry thoroughly (I use a salad spinner then pat dry on paper towels).
- Toss kale with olive oil (about 3-4 Tbsps per one bunch of kale).
- Arrange kale in a single layer on parchment-covered cookie sheet, being mindful not to over crowd.
- Season with a sprinkling of sea salt. (This is where you can get creative with spices and seasonings.)
Bake at 325°F for 25 mins.
If you have a convection oven you can pop in two sheets at a time and cut back on oven time. It took me three cycles to bake one bunch of kale.
Enjoy immediately or pop kale chips into an airtight container to maintain crispness.